I'm not in the mood. I have a headache. I'm tired. It's rainy. And it's Monday. I didn't get much sleep last night. These are all the excuses I could give you to not (cough, cough) write a blog post. Instead, I'm posting a bunch of random.
1) Tomorrow I have my "immigrant" meeting at OFII, which includes a medical exam. In addition to this, they will be testing me on how well I've "integrated" into French society. I'm half-tempted to call my examiner "mega moche," but something tells me that won't go over too well. Mega moche means super ugly. Still, this is the French I've picked up from la fille et le fils...and if becoming an instant mother figure to two kids who don't really speak English isn't integrated, I don't know what is.
2) What's up with aerosol deodorant and the slimy sticks in France? I like solids. Thankfully, my Mom sent four sticks of Dove. (grapefruit and lemongrass is my scent in case you're curious).
3) I think I need chocolate.
4) And wine.
5) And maybe some cheese.
6) I don't feel like planning dinner tonight. Or making it, for that matter. Would it be horrible if I gave everybody a big chunk of cheese and said enjoy? I'd throw in a loaf of bread too.
7) The ten-year-old won a BB gun at a carnival the other night. I'm dead meat. So is the cat. Merde.
8) More than clowns, I hate mimes.
SOUND OFF: What do you do when you're overtired? Do cold, rainy days ever get you down? Do you hate mimes as much as I do?