1) Amanda won Susanne Winnacker's The Other Life. Stina, you were close! One number off. Maybe Amanda will have a contest?
2) I just got back from 10 days in California (which turned into 12, thanks to the public sector strike in London). Maybe next year I'll be able to convince my husband to come eat a 24 pound turkey. I caught this shot mid-carve.
His name was Pedro. I bathed him in a Grand Marnier/Citrus brine, shoved butter into his skin, rubbed him with brown sugar, and dressed his body with a variety of fresh herbs (sage, rosemary, thyme). Yes, he got the star treatment. Yes, he was juicy good.
3) When I was home, I donated all my YA/MG books to a local children's charity. Of course, I had to read three of them before I sent them off. (Imaginary Girls, What I Saw and How I Lied, and The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks). Anyway, there were a good 40 books in the pile - all in great (gently read) shape.
4) I had some champagne worthy good news, which turned really, really bad. I'll be writing about it soon, but not for this blog. I know I'm being a little bit cryptic here.
5) Because of the above, I really haven't been in the bloggy kind of mood. All I can say is life happens.
6) I think it's hysterical when French people tell me they speak American.
7) At the end of November, I had a real flip out moment. I received an email from my agent, alerting me to the fact she was leaving the business. Yikes.
Well, that's it on my end. What's your truth?